Saturday, July 9, 2011

Headbands

So yay! I'm finally back into sewing.. for those of you who don't know, I am 6 months pregnant.. and I haven't sewn in 6 months. .I blame it on sickness, hormones, and lack of patience.. lol! Also in the 6 months since I've talked to you, we've moved! So I'll post pics soon about that. So ok, onto the blog, I needed to make some new headbands for my Lexie and so I've made two of them. I only have one tutorial though for one. Here's the tutorial for the first headband.


First I took a regular cute gray headband that I found for $1.00


Then I took some white ribbon.. (you can pick whatever width size you want) and I took about 2 1/2 feet


Next, start at one end and fold it over about 1" -1"1/2 and superglue


Then you just fold next 1" over, fan it alittle, and glue..


Repeat until you've made it all the way around


Next you can cover middle edge with a button or more ribbon.
I chose a button


Then to make a even back edge, I cut out some felt and glued it on back


Then glue to headband.. and YOU'RE DONE!!
 Yay!!






Here's another headband I did.. using zippers and a basting stitch.. (super simple)





No comments:

Post a Comment